The largest city in South America with a population of 10 million, Sao Paulo is big. With world-class eateries, museums and shopping.. and the home of the South American Formula One Grand Prix. When can you book your ticket?
1. IBIRAPUERA PARK: Avenida Pedro Alvares Cabral/Vila Mariana. A beautiful escape from this enormous city. Lakes, sculpture and art galleries designed by Oscar Niemeyer. Come for a picnic, a run, a bike ride or to relax with a book under a tree - or join in with the yoga or capoeira sessions.
2. MERCADAO - SAO PAULO MUNICIPAL MARKET: Rua da Cantareira 306. This beautiful building in the heart of the city contains all the local foods and delicacies that you will ever need for an authentic taste of Sao Paulo. A morning visit is recommended, and private Gastronomy Tours are available. Make sure there is room in your suitcase - and your clothes!
3. MOSTEIRO DA SAO BENTO: Largo Sao Bento/Centro. this incredible church is the calm in the centre of Sao Paulo. Visit at 10am on Sunday morning for the Gregorian Mass - it is wonderful. Stunning.
4. MUSEU DE ARTE DE SAO PAULO ASSIS CHATEAUBRIAND - MASP: Avenida Paulista 1578/Jardins. If you like art, you should definitely come here; if only to see classic paintings 'not hanging on the walls'. Instead they are installed on glass panels in the middle of the gallery - so you view from all angles. Classic European impressionists, Latin American and other important art from around the globe. The best gallery in South America?
5. VISIT THE VILA MADALENA NEIGHBOURHOOD: If you want good bars, restaurants, galleries and street art - spending time in the bohemian neighbourhood of Vila Madalena is a must. Enjoy a beer among the artists and musicians, visit the nearby Benedito Calixto Fair - one of the best antique and craft fairs in Brazil and absorb that Brazilian atmosphere!
1. A CASA DO PORCO: Rua Araujo 124/Centro. If you thought that you knew the limits of pork dishes - you may need a rethink. These dishes are exquisite. And this is the reason that there is always a queue. If you are going to lunch, make sure you are queuing from 11.30am - the restaurant opens at 12pm. Try the Lunch Tasting Menu for an incredible pork enlightenment!
2. COCO BAMBU ANHEMBI: Avenida Braz Leme, 201/Casa Verde. This restaurant is part of a chain, but what a chain! Expect delicious Brazilian and seafood dishes at reasonable prices (unless you order the lobster of course!). The desserts are excellent. Good for accommodating large groups - as this restaurant is huge - you will be well looked after as the staff are lovely. All-in-all a great experience.
3. TASTE IT FOOD & LOUNGE: Rua Joinville 515/Hotel Pullman, Ibirapuera. For an astonishing gastronomic experience - you must visit this restaurant. Dishes are beautifully presented, original and creative. The staff are excellent and help you to navigate the menu. A wonderful atmosphere.
4. TEMPERO DAS GERAIS: Rua Princesa Isabel. Portions are plentiful, and the food is authentic - a real taste of Brazil! Prices are very reasonable - and you can usually feed twice the amount of people recommended on each portion. Great staff complete the experience.
5. ESQUINA MOCOTO: Avenida Nossa Senhora da Loreto 1108. Brazilian gourmet dishes that won't break the bank. Try the Amazonian fish pirarucu, tapioca and drink Caipirinha de Jabuticaba. Delicious.
British GP. This magical event is held in the month of July each year and is popular with F1 racing fans all over the world! The British Grand Prix still remains one of the most exciting spectacles on the F1 calendar.
Date: 8th July 2018
More info on our F1 Packages