The colours of the carnival, the incredible beaches, the food, the caprihinia, the bustling streets, the sun…. you must go to Rio de Janeiro once in your lifetime. Preferably more than once. The main reason you may want to go to Brazil is for the Grand Prix, but Rio does has so much to offer.
1. CHRIST THE REDEEMER/SUGARLOAF MOUNTAIN:Parque Nacional da Tijuca/Cosme Velho & Av Pasteur, 520. For unbeatable views of Rio you absolutely have to make your way up to Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf Mountain. Tours are available for those who enjoy learning more about what they are experiencing.
2. JARDIM BOTANICO (BOTANICAL GARDEN): Rua Jardim Botanico 1008. Founded in 1808 by the Portuguese King John VI, these beautiful gardens are now a UNESCO biosphere reserve. Home to 900 varieties of palm trees (who knew there were that many?) and 500 varieties of orchids. Discover more than 6,000 species of plants; flora and fauna from around the world, some giant Amazonian water lilies and monkeys and toucans! Lose yourself, explore and relax in 346 stunning acres. To be thoroughly informed about what you are seeing - book a tour.
3. MARACANA STADIUM: Av. Pres. Castelo Branco Portao 3. If you are a football fan, a sports stadium enthusiast or just someone with a sense of occasion - you must visit the famous Maracana Stadium. Tickets for CR Flamengo or Fluminense FC matches start from 40 Real. The atmosphere is incredible.
4. MURETA DA URCA: Watch the sun set over Rio with a cold beer in hand. Stunning views of Guanabara Bay, street food, good friends, beer and an evening show from a celestial body - could anything be more perfect? Maybe staying up to see the sun rise?
5. ILHA GRANDE (THE BIG ISLAND): 2 hours south of Rio lies a paradise. Turquoise sea, lush green vegetation, forest trails, waterfalls - all in a year-round tropical climate. Day trips from Rio are available, a longer stay is recommended.
1. ABELARDO RESTAURANTE & BAR: Avenida Embaixador Abelardo Bueno 1430. When Trip Advisor reviews use words like 'exquisite' and suggest that 'the chef that created my dish might well be a genius' - you know you must visit. This food is contemporary and creative Brazilian; beautiful décor and attentive, friendly staff make for a wonderful atmosphere. Come here for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You will not be disappointed.
2. ORG BISTRO: Avenida Olegario Maciel 175/ Loja G. Brazilian's make incredible meat dishes - if you are vegetarian or simply fancy a change, then this is the place for you. Fresh, organic ingredients are used with imagination at Org. The menu includes beautiful salads, soups and juices. The positive reputation is well-deserved. Booking is recommended. Open 12pm-8pm.
3. CHURRASCARIA PALACE: Rua Rodolfo Dantas 16 / Copacabana. In the heart of Rio's traditional, lively Copacabana - this churrascaria is in its 65th year. Expect an abundance of delicious barbequed meat on skewers, a vast salad bar and great, multi-lingual staff. You won't go hungry.
4. GALETO 183: Rua de Santana 183/Centro. For authentic Portuguese cuisine with no airs and graces head downtown to Galeto 183. For the traditional experience choose meat with salsa, rice, beans and fries. Lovely staff and reasonable prices.
5. ESTRELAS DA BABILONIA: Ladeira Ari Barroso. Outstanding view and delicious food - need we say more? Located in a favela, so you'll feel like a local! Reviews say how friendly and helpful the locals are and how safe they felt. A little gem. You must try the empanadas!
British GP. This magical event is held in the month of July each year and is popular with F1 racing fans all over the world! The British Grand Prix still remains one of the most exciting spectacles on the F1 calendar.
Date: 8th July 2018
More info on our F1 Packages