Dubai is the largest and most populous city in the Middle East and consequently its business hub.
Often described as a place lacking culture and history; Dubai does have a history, rooted in Bedouin heritage and told through songs, dance, poetry and storytelling. This simply makes it less tangible to our Western idea of recorded history, rather than non-existent.
Today it is well known for world-class shopping, entertainment, contemporary architecture, art, fashion, style and indulgence; but old Arabia is still very present.
1. DOLPHIN BAY: Crescent Drive/Atlantis, The Palm. Swim with dolphins. Expensive. All packages include access to Aquaventure Waterpark - where you can 'get up close and personal' with sharks and enjoy some thrilling rides and slides! Staff are friendly and very patient.
2. BURJ KHALIFA: 1 Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard/Downtown Dubai, Dubai 9440. This 'vertical city' is the world's tallest building, at 2,716.5 feet. An incredibly modern architectural feat. Amazing views with cocktails - need we say more?
3. CAMEL SAFARI: By Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris. Prices start from £119.50. Enjoy a camel ride in the desert, with a falconry display, 4-course dinner and Arabian music and dancing to complete the experience.
4. SPEED BOAT TOUR: DUBAI MARINA, ATLANTIS & BURJ AL ARAB: Splash Tours. From £40.90 per person. Experience a sightseeing tour with a difference - travelling by speedboat in the Persian Gulf. 90 minutes viewing Dubai's stunning coastline and famous landmarks. Enjoy!
5. LA MER BEACH: This new beach development is superb. The beach itself has beautiful white sand and turquoise sea. The restaurants and bars create a great vibe from sunrise to sunset. Lots of incredible street art too. Definitely worth a visit.
1. COYA: Jumeira Road/Jumeirah 2, Dubai 71384. This restaurant is credited with bringing the Peruvian food trend to Dubai and often referred to as the best food in the city. The staff are cool, the flavours are incredible and the ambiance a real treat. Go for tapas dishes so you can aim to taste it all!
2. OSSIANO: Crescent Drive/Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai. This seafood restaurant is cool, classy and serene. The food is superb and beautifully presented - this place is exceptional. Booking is recommended. Be prepared to spend a lot. It is totally worth it. Drinks next to an aquarium anyone?
3. BYSTRO: Sheikh Zayed Road/Al Manara, Dubai 643547. This café is trendy, alternative, yet also great for families. Wonderfully different breakfasts - go healthy or indulgent. The portions are generous. Is this the best café in Dubai?
4. AYAMNA: Crescent Road/The Palm Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai. The Lebanese food here is exquisite and the service, atmosphere and décor are delightful- yet it is surprisingly good value for money. The music helps to complete the atmosphere. Expect belly dancers!
5. FLAMINGO ROOM BY TASHAS: Jumeirah Road/Jumeirah Naseem Hotel. Dubai 75157. Set amongst the turtle lakes, this restaurant is an indulgent pleasure for meat eaters and vegetarians. The staff are friendly and provide an exceptional service. Expect dining elegance and high prices. Worth the money for the wonderful experience - treat yourself. Booking is recommended.
British GP. This magical event is held in the month of July each year and is popular with F1 racing fans all over the world! The British Grand Prix still remains one of the most exciting spectacles on the F1 calendar.
Date: 8th July 2018
More info on our F1 Packages