Miami, Florida, USA
Miami known as the "Capital of Latin America" is a major city in south-eastern Florida lying between Miami River between the Atlantic Ocean and the Florida Everglades. A few years back a Natural Health Magazine classed it as the healthiest city in the nation. The city is renowned for its sport venues and welcomes visitors from around the world to come over and enjoy what they have to offer including the world's top golf, tennis, and sporting facilities, also now Formula One comes to town in 2022 for the fans of the sport.
Miami is known as one of the most well-rounded metropolitan destinations in the US. The city is truly a cultural melting pot, and the citizens of Miami make this great city so unique and a place not to be missed and did we mention the great weather and palm trees, what an exotic location to see a Grand Prix.
The city of Miami is one of smallest when it comes to land size and so makes it easy to see the sites when you are over here. Also, because it so close to Latin America, Miami makes a great place for Latin American operations and the locaton of many multinational corporations headquarters, including Disney, Microsoft, Sony, Exxon and SBC Communications, therefore increasing its cosmopolitan and Latin feel around the city. Miami is home to many art galleries and museums including the Lowe Art Museum and the Vizcaya-Miami Art Museum.
The Miami Grand Prix will be held in the state of Florida in 2022 and will be the first since 1959 to be held in the sunshine state. So should be a trip to remember and if you are interested in the hospitality packages that we offer for this Grand Prix, then please go to our Miami GP page for more information and prices.
Miami has a great selection of restaurants catering for all tastes and palettes, with enticing flavours, exotic ingredients and mouth-watering selections. With thousands of restaurants to choose from, you will be spoilt for choice and there is a place to suit every pocket, dining out in Miami has become a passionate pastime for locals and visitors alike, choices include Miami steakhouses and seafood restaurants, French cuisine, Italian, Chinese restaurants, and much much more. Miami also has a great bar scene and nightlife to help see in the wee small hours of the night after a long day enjoying the F1 racing. The restaurants and bars in Miami are child friendly and provide a fantastic dining experience that you will never forget with superb cooking and atmosphere. Miami also has become known to be the place to take in live symphonic performances or watch new movies right on the beach.
Top 5 places to eat:
1. Boia De: 5205 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33137. Italian
Luciana Giangrandi and Alex Meyer Michelin-trained chefs come up with some tasty classics to wow their guests. The wine list is great, and the pasta is fresh. Try the beef tartare, a favourite of the establishment. Their tasty menu of creations.
2. La Mar: 500 Brickell Key Dr, Miami, FL 33131. Peruvian
An upmarket Peruvian restaurant with tasty creative cuisine and startling views of the waterfront, some great Peruvian fusion is there to be enjoyed. Try one of the signature dishes - chicha morada brisket, which is slowly braised and seasoned with traditional Peruvian ingredients. The fusion menu to try when you are in Miami.
3. Stubborn Seed: 101 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139. American creative
A lovely venue in an ideal location. Jeremy Ford the 32-year-old chef of Stubborn Seed is the winner of Bravo’s Top Chef Season 13. His food tastes as good as they look. For more on the restaurant.
4. ZITZ SUM : 396 Alhambra Cir Suite 155, Coral Gables, FL 33134. Japanese/Chinese Street Food
A collective mix of Japanese and Chinese street food with a Miami twist, or more specifically could be called a contemporary Asian-inspired hybrid between Dim Sum & Izakaya, specialising in dumplings and small plates for their guests.
5. Mandolin Aegean Bistro: 4312 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33137. Greek
The outdoor decor gives you an initial feeling that you are actually in the Med. A lovely delicious authentic Greek meal awaits and will not disappoint and make you feel leaving full but wondering if you were actually in Miami. Menu and further info on the venue.
Other Attractions in Miami:
South Beach: Miami is well-renowned throughout the world for its great beaches and South Beach is seen as the best in Miami and a lovely place to relax and enjoy the sunshine. It is very popular amongst tourists and locals, so if a tranquil quiet beach is for you, then this is not the place. The South Beach offers shopping centres to help you spend your afternoon and a fantastic place to party the night away. A trip to South Beach will complete the experience of enjoying a holiday in Miami.
Everglades National Park: This awe-inspiring national park stretches over 1.5 million acres including swamps, saw-grass prairies and sub-tropical jungles and is home to rare and endangered species including the Florida Panther and the West Indian Manatee. For tourists it is a great setting for walking, camping, and canoeing.
Miami Metro Zoo: Miami has an ideal climate for housing an array of animals from the continents of Asia, Australia and Africa.
Miami Sky Lift: A unique attraction and experience, ideal for the old and young to enjoy. A passenger carrying helium balloon tethered to the ground but rises to 500ft above ground and gives you a fab view of downtown Miami. Get yourself ready for this unique balloon ride when you are here for the grand prix.
Some Mini Facts About Miami
Miami has seen a lot of changes over the decades and now is seen as playground for travellers from all over the world with a multi-cultural atmosphere.
1. Miami is the only major city in the USA that is bordered by two different National Parks (Everglades National Park to the west and Biscayne National Park to the east).
2. In terms of national or ethnic origin, as of the 2000 census a little over 34.1% of the Miami population declared themselves being of Cuban origin.
3. The city of Miami was founded by Julia Tuttle, and this makes Miami the only major city in the United States to be founded by a woman.
4. The tallest skyscraper in Miami is the 1,049-foot tall which is the Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Residences Miami.
5. The Florida Marlins are an American professional baseball team based in Miami, play their games in nearby Dolphin Stadium, and won two world series titles in their first 11 years of existence.
6. The city of Miami has the smallest land area of any major American city with a metro area of two and a half million people.
7. Though the area is home to the Miami Dolphins of the NFL, the Florida Marlins of Major League Baseball, the Florida Panthers of the NHL, and the Miami Heat of the NBA, only the Heat play their games within Miami's city limits. With its incredible location and tons of featured attractions, Miami will continue to be the destination of choice for discerning travellers throughout the globe. Miami rarely disappoints on the promise of fun and excitement and the grand prix in 2022 looks to be something to really look forward too and after everything that has happened recently, we all will certainly need that.
So why not book your ideal Miami GP Package now!
WHY CHOOSE THIS TRIP?
- VIP hospitality
- Greats views of the track
- Airport transfer
- Choice of luxury hotels
- Gourmet dining, wine and beers
- GPA team on hand throughout
- Private washrooms
- Earplugs, lanyard & ticket wallet
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff
A brilliant weekend from being met at the airport on Wednesday meant thorough 5* service from GPA. Can't fault the traveling with GPA and would so so again, definitely recommended. A fabulous weekend, many thanks! Helen & Richard Laidlaw
Copyright © 2023 Grand Prix Adventures. All rights reserved.