The city of San Marcos is located in the great state of Texas on Route 35 between San Antonio and Austin and not from the Circuit of the Americas (transit will be provided from the hotel to the circuit) and with a population of around 60,000. The city is home to outlet malls and the Texas State University, so great for shopping and student nightlife. There is a historic area located downtown which includes a early 1900s Victorian Gothic-style Old Main building, a restored County Courthouse and Dick's Classic Garage Car Museum which exhibits vintage cars throughout the decades. As for green spaces and a bit of nature, the Blanco River and San Marcos River join each other in the city which is great for tubing, canoeing, swimming, and fishing and there are many parks to relax including Rio Vista Park, Sewell Park and Five Mile Dam Park.
San Marcos is a popular place to live and is considered the fastest-growing small city in the United States by the United States Census Bureau and the "Best Places to Raise your Kids" by a survey in Business Week and also has the accolade of being in the "10 Most Exciting Small Cities In America". The climate of San Marcos (humid subtropical) is hot and humid in the summer, cooling perfectly to mild in the winter just in time for the Austin GP.
- Cheatham Street Warehouse - Music venues
- Dick's Classic Garage Car Museum
- Lions Club Tube Rental - Just for the 2 of you, plan a romantic tube trip down the river
- The Meadows Centre Glass Bottom Boat Tours - View the wildlife
- Middleton Brewing - Texas pub with 13 different and unique beers in house
- Paddle SMTX - Paddleboard and kayak night tours - something different after all the action in Austin
- San Marcos Downtown Square - Historic San Marcos with it's own share of locally-owned shops and restaurants, bistros and nightspots
- San Marcos Outlets - Time to shop! The biggest outlet shopping centre in the USA
- Spring Lake Preserve - Over 250 acres of un spoilt parkland
- Wimberley Glassworks - Gallery with hand blown glass art and lighting pieces
Sakura Steak and Sushi
An exotic restaurant offering Asian cuisine with a twist with facilities including a full bar, hibachi grills and hot pots.
Address: 117 Meiners St
San Marcos,TX 78666-6671
Fri. & Sat:11:00am-10:30pm
For more on the tourist aspect of San Marcos see their website: www.toursanmarcos.com
WHY CHOOSE THIS TRIP?
- VIP hospitality
- Greats views of the track
- Airport transfer
- Choice of luxury hotels
- Gourmet dining, wine and beers
- GPA team on hand throughout
- Private washrooms
- Earplugs, lanyard & ticket wallet
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff
A brilliant weekend from being met at the airport on Wednesday meant thorough 5* service from GPA. Can't fault the traveling with GPA and would so so again, definitely recommended. A fabulous weekend, many thanks!
Copyright © 2023 Grand Prix Adventures. All rights reserved.